Cine 7 500 TX, Cine 7 500 RX, Cine 7 SK RX, 703 Bolt, FOCUS Bolt Sidekick RX, Focus Bolt 500 RX, Focus Bolt 500 TX, 1703 P3X Bolt Sidekick – SmallHD Teradek –Software/tutorial – Wireless pairing
- General Pairing Tips
- Small HD TX monitor to Teradek receiver
- Teradek transmitter to the SmallHD RX
- SmallHD TX to SmallHD RX
- Bolt Manager
- To prevent interference when pairing a transmitter and receiver:
- turn off all other transmitter/receiver sets, and only turn on the transmitter and single receiver you are trying to pair.
- turn off any receivers that are already paired to the same transmitter. Only have the transmitter and the one receiver you're trying to pair turned on!
- Have the transmitter and receiver at least 3 feet or 1 meter apart -- do not place them right next to each other!
- The region settings must batch between all devices (USA, Europe, Japan Indoor, etc.).
2. Pairing Instructions for a Teradek receiver and SmallHD TX monitor
- Using the TX monitor, swipe or toggle right until the Settings menu appears, then select the Wireless option.
- If the TX monitor has been previously paired to a receiver, you will need to unpair it from existing receivers to ensure a stable connection, do this using the UNPAIR RECEIVERS option at the bottom of the screen.
- Click “ACTIVATE PAIR MODE” on your SmallHD TX monitor.
- Connect a monitor to the HDMI output of the Teradek receiver, then activate pairing mode using the Menu button on the Teradek receiver.
- Once the SmallHD TX is located, confirm pairing on the Teradek receiver using the Menu button.
- After the pairing process is complete, green check marks will appear on the screen of the SmallHD TX monitor, and the monitor connected to the Teradek receiver will indicate that pairing was successful.
- Exit the menu to operate the TX monitor, and use the Menu button on the Teradek receiver to exit the on screen display.
3. Pairing Instructions for pairing a Teradek transmitter with a SmallHD RX monitor (FOCUS Bolt 500 RX or FOCUS 7 Bolt 500 RX)
- Using the SmallHD monitor, swipe right until the Settings menu appears, then select the Wireless option.
- Activate pairing mode on the RX monitor.
- Activate pairing mode on your Teradek transmitter by using a paper clip to press the recessed reset/pairing button for just 1 second, then release. The wireless link status LED on the transmitter may begin to flash rapidly.
- Once the transmitter is located by the SmallHD RX monitor, select PAIR? on the screen.
- After the pairing process is complete, green check marks will appear on the screen of the monitor.
- Exit the menu to operate the RX monitor.
4. Pairing a SmallHD TX to a SmallHD RX
- Using the TX, swipe or toggle right to access the Settings Menu.
- Select the wireless option, and verify that the WIRELESS ENABLE is turned on by checking the box.
- If the TX has been previously paired to a receiver, you will need to unpair it from existing receivers to ensure a stable connection, do this using the UNPAIR RECEIVERS option at the bottom of the scene.
- Click “ACTIVATE PAIR MODE” on your TX.
- Using the RX, swipe or toggle right to access the settings menu, and go to the wireless option.
- NOTE: If you are using a stand alone Teradek transmitter or receiver, you will need to use a small paper clip or similar object. Simply use the paper clip to press the “RESET” button on your teradek transmitter or receiver and wait for the prompt to pair your wireless device. The light may start rapidly blinking.
- Confirm WIRELESS ENABLE is checked on the RX.
- Select “PAIRED TX” at the bottom of the screen, if the RX has been previously paired to a different transmitter, you will be given the option to disconnect existing transmitters and search for a new signal.
- Once a transmitter has been found, select the green pair button and wait for the pairing process to complete (timeline …. Should be roughly 60 seconds… ish???)
- That is It! Now that your SmallHD RX AND TX are wirelessly linked.
Unpairing the receivers connected to the FOCUS Bolt 500 TX
- To unpair all receivers connected to the TX monitor, select Wireless in the Settings menu.
- Select Unpair Receivers, then select Unpair All?
- The monitor is now ready to pair with new receivers.
Unpairing the transmitter connected to the FOCUS Bolt 500 RX or FOCUS 7 Bolt 500 RX
- To unpair the transmitter connected to the RX monitor, select Wireless in the Settings menu.
- Select Paired TX, then unpair the RX monitor with the currently-paired transmitter.
- The RX monitor is now ready to pair with a new transmitter.
6. Bolt Manager