To activate a purchased or included camera control license on your SmallHD monitor, please follow these simple steps.
- Using a phone, tablet or desktop computer, open a web browser and go to activate.smallhd.com
- In the Activate Camera Control section, enter the Activation Code you received with the purchase of your SmallHD Camera Control software (located in an email or on a card that came with your monitor if purchased with control license) and click Go.
- Alternatively, if your monitor came with a license card, you can scan the QR code with your phone to automatically enter the Activation Code on the website.
- On the following screen, you will be asked to enter your Monitor Token.
- To find your Monitor Token: From the Full Settings menu on your SmallHD monitor, navigate to System > LICENSES > ADD A LICENSE. In the upper right hand corner, you will see your Monitor Token.
- On the activation website, enter your Monitor Token. A prompt will appear warning to be sure the token is entered correctly. Click Yes to continue.
- Enter your monitor’s Serial Number in the field that appears and click Submit. You can find your monitor’s serial number on the monitor itself alongside a barcode. This may be on the input/output port area or on the battery plate.
- On the following screen, enter your name and the email where you want to receive your License Key. Click Send and you’ll be presented with your License Key and receive an email with your License Key as well.
- On the ADD A LICENSE page on your SmallHD monitor. Enter your License Key and tap Activate.
- After successfully activating your software license, you can now add a New Camera Control Page to your SmallHD monitor. To add Camera Control to a Page, exit the Settings menu and swipe right until you reach the end of the list.
With the license activated from the settings menu, you should see a Camera Control page at the very end. Tap on the Camera Control page.
- Tap on the camera you wish to control. Follow the on screen instructions to properly connect your camera to your monitor and touch CONNECT.
- You will enter the camera control interface and be ready to operate your camera right from your SmallHD monitor!